Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Awww...she's got your - uh - blanket.

Strange things are happening, people all around me are having babies. And I've noticed an odd phenomenon that happens when people are around babies: everyone starts claiming the child's body parts. This happens with adults too, but only when they visit grandparents. I for instance have my grandmother's eyes - on both sides of the family. Two women who are entirely unrelated and never met. I have both their eyes. Which I'm sure explains why I was cross eyed as a child.




There were so many people around the day my niece was born, someone actually claimed the eyelashes. (this is not a picture of my niece)

2 comments:

  1. it was all very witty and fun and then...
    "this is not a picture of my niece"

    you are a brilliant man

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be fair, I didn't ask for permission to put her real picture up. And I'm pretty sure that's a boy in the pic.

    ReplyDelete